To ensure that the implementation of RTI strategies effectively addresses the needs of all students, this information brief provides guidelines for organizing and implementing a school leadership team that focuses on the needs of English Language Learners (ELLs). This brief covers a variety of topic areas including:
- The importance of having a school leadership team for ELLs.
- Who should be on the ELL leadership team.
- The role of parents on the ELL leadership team.
- How the leadership team can be culturally and linguistically responsive.
- How to tell if the leadership team is successful.
- How to support the leadership team.
- Useful tips for ensuring a successful leadership team.